“For Christians above all men are forbidden to correct the stumblings of sinners by force…it is necessary to make a man better not by force but by persuasion. We neither have authority granted us by law to restrain sinners, nor, if it were, should we know how to use it, since God gives the crown to those who are kept from evil, not by force, but by choice.”
Are You Catholic? Did You Know...?
- gaudetetheology on So much internet, so little time
- William Ockham on So much internet, so little time
- Musings on the arithmetic of gendering. and a plot to make the english language a little bit german. | Ms. Dr. Joseph L. Simonis on Proposing a New Honorific: Sister Doctor
- gaudetetheology on Ready for Lent?
- Ready for Lent? | Gaudete Theology on Reflections on Pauw’s Attending to the Gaps between Beliefs and Practices