Are You Catholic? Did You Know...?
- The Purpose of the Papacy, Francis, and the Synod | Gaudete Theology on Refusing to be Scandalized
- The Purpose of the Papacy, Francis, and the Synod | Gaudete Theology on Schism, Expulsion, and Ecclesiology
- The Purpose of the Papacy, Francis, and the Synod | Gaudete Theology on Francis, Discipleship, Fandom, and Factionalism
- The Purpose of the Papacy, Francis, and the Synod | Gaudete Theology on Which church?
- The Statue at the Synod and the Catholic Imagination | Gaudete Theology on Perpetua and Felicity
Monthly Archives: October 2011
After defining five models of the church, and considering them in relation to several important theological themes, Dulles closed his original edition of the book by considering criteria by which one might be able to evaluate ecclesiological models. The criteria … Continue reading
As all English-speaking Catholics no doubt know by now, the new translation of the missal is coming soon. Most if not all dioceses in the US will begin using the new translation in Advent, at the start of the new … Continue reading
We did a fun exercise in class tonight: Empowered by the Holy Spirit and in communion with Christians everywhere, this church strives to create a welcoming place that makes visible the reconciling presence of God in our neighborhood, our city, … Continue reading
In part 1, I looked at the first four models that Dulles discusses: institutional and communion, sacrament and herald. He considers only one more model, the servant model, which he places over against all four of the other models on … Continue reading
Listening to the first reading this weekend, from Is 25, I was struck by this imagery that appears in Is 25:7, after the description of the rich banquet: On this mountain he will destroy the veil that veils all peoples, … Continue reading