In honor of International Women’s Day, I thought I’d do a quick roundup of some relevant posts:
– the World Communion of Reformed Churches blog is Celebrating Ten Women of the Bible today
– Lent Madness today celebrates the lives of two admirable Christian women, Catherine of Siena and Emma of Hawaii. (Don’t forget to vote!)
It also seems a good day to lift up the work of some particular women:
– Women in Theology is a group blog by women theologians “written from an anti-kyriarchal Christian ecumenical theological perspective,” and they are doing some excellent work.
– Jenee Woodward is the author of the amazingly comprehensive resource The Text This Week. Organized by lectionary (RCL and Roman Catholic) and scripture reference, this is a fabulous resource for preachers, liturgists, and exegetical work. If you’ve never looked at this site, do check it out now – I can’t do it justice in this little description. I was astonished to learn relatively recently that this was all the work of just one woman! so I’m very glad to be able to lift up her work and thank her for it.
– And finally, a flourish of a fabulous hat to PeaceBang, whose Beauty Tips for Ministers is the only discussion of fashion that has ever captured my attention. And it has a tag line that I quote at every possible opportunity: Because you’re in the public eye. And God knows you need to look good.
If you have additional links or stories about women in theology or church ministry, please share them in the comments.
(And if you are a woman in theology or church ministry with a blog, please feel free to self-promote!)