Are You Catholic? Did You Know...?
- emmasrandomthoughts on Elizabeth on Mary, Dorothy on Therese, Ramona & Ingrid on Clare: Book Fair Finds for Women’s History Month
- Elizabeth on Mary, Dorothy on Therese, Ramona & Ingrid on Clare: Book Fair Finds for Women’s History Month | Gaudete Theology on (Reading Buddies and Conversation Partners and) Friends of God and Prophets
- Fariba on Asking for Better Homilies: A How-To Guide
- gaudetetheology on Phrases and Shapes in Two Languages: Hail Mary, Ave Maria
- On Catholic Dress: Sexuality, Status, Modesty and True Humility | Vox Nova on Modesty, Male Gazes, and Virtues
Monthly Archives: April 2014
It’s commonplace in some circles to identify people as belonging to one of two divisions in the Roman Catholic church: there are those who are “Vatican 2 Catholics,” and those who are “JPII Catholics.” These labels do not literally refer … Continue reading
A few high points from our Triduum services this year: – I got to hear Eucharistic Prayer 1 for the first time in the new translation! (Well, half of it: the other half was in Spanish.) I liked it; it … Continue reading
Riffing on the Exultet: Rejoice, ye heavenly powers Sing, ye angel choirs For in these darkened hours The Light of the World did rise Exult It! Happy Easter!
A lovely prayer that Mother Teresa encouraged the Sisters of Charity to pray: Dear Jesus, help us to spread your fragrance everywhere we go. Flood our souls with your spirit and life. Penetrate and possess our whole being so utterly … Continue reading
Very, very terse roundup of things I’ve been reading whilst procrastinating on my thesis: Amazing pictures from the mass celebrated on the border of Nogales Beliefs can be unloving: if you follow only one link, follow this one. Excellent discussion … Continue reading