Are You Catholic? Did You Know...?
- The Purpose of the Papacy, Francis, and the Synod | Gaudete Theology on Refusing to be Scandalized
- The Purpose of the Papacy, Francis, and the Synod | Gaudete Theology on Schism, Expulsion, and Ecclesiology
- The Purpose of the Papacy, Francis, and the Synod | Gaudete Theology on Francis, Discipleship, Fandom, and Factionalism
- The Purpose of the Papacy, Francis, and the Synod | Gaudete Theology on Which church?
- The Statue at the Synod and the Catholic Imagination | Gaudete Theology on Perpetua and Felicity
Monthly Archives: January 2016
I read this quote, and I immediately noticed: One of these things is not like the others. Just imagine if it said In this Year of Mercy, let us try to have a more compassionate love for the poor, the … Continue reading
I picked up a nice little brochure on the Year of Mercy at my parish in December. It had a lot of good information in it, including a handy checklist of the spiritual and corporal works of mercy; and it … Continue reading
Shortly after the morning meal, one of the stable hands at the inn came upon a man and woman having sex in one of the empty stalls. He raised a hue and cry, and soon all the servants and half … Continue reading
As I mentioned in my earlier post, there is a special blessing available to those who pass through a holy door during the Jubilee Year under certain conditions. This blessing is called a plenary indulgence; in colloquial terms, it takes … Continue reading