Are You Catholic? Did You Know...?
- The Purpose of the Papacy, Francis, and the Synod | Gaudete Theology on Refusing to be Scandalized
- The Purpose of the Papacy, Francis, and the Synod | Gaudete Theology on Schism, Expulsion, and Ecclesiology
- The Purpose of the Papacy, Francis, and the Synod | Gaudete Theology on Francis, Discipleship, Fandom, and Factionalism
- The Purpose of the Papacy, Francis, and the Synod | Gaudete Theology on Which church?
- The Statue at the Synod and the Catholic Imagination | Gaudete Theology on Perpetua and Felicity
Monthly Archives: December 2016
Today, Christ is born! Today, Salvation appears! Today, on earth, angels sing, archangels rejoice, the just exult, saying: Glory to God in the Highest, Alleluia!
The other night, I got to praying/playing around with the Hail Mary in both English and Latin, and found some interesting differences in shape. Here’s the traditional text, as every English-speaking Catholic child learns it: Hail Mary, full of grace, … Continue reading
Word: God(Damn)It* Verse: Isaiah 23:5 Note that Isaiah 23 is not included in the Catholic Sunday lectionary. Since Catholics mostly hear the bible at mass, most of us don’t know this text. *I said I’d put profanity behind the jump, … Continue reading
You know that thing where you read a story from scripture and ask yourself, who in this story do I identify with? I did that thing. This is what happened. Word and verse below the jump.
Word: Bloody Verse: Isaiah 4:5 What if we read the LORD in Isaiah 4:2-6 through a womanly metaphor? as She Who Is, the one who writhed in labor to birth creation? On that day, The branch of She Who Is … Continue reading