Are You Catholic? Did You Know...?
- gaudetetheology on Phrases and Shapes in Two Languages: Hail Mary, Ave Maria
- kategladstone on Phrases and Shapes in Two Languages: Hail Mary, Ave Maria
- emmasrandomthoughts on Elizabeth on Mary, Dorothy on Therese, Ramona & Ingrid on Clare: Book Fair Finds for Women’s History Month
- Elizabeth on Mary, Dorothy on Therese, Ramona & Ingrid on Clare: Book Fair Finds for Women’s History Month | Gaudete Theology on (Reading Buddies and Conversation Partners and) Friends of God and Prophets
- Fariba on Asking for Better Homilies: A How-To Guide
Category Archives: Music
Today, Christ is born! Today, Salvation appears! Today, on earth, angels sing, archangels rejoice, the just exult, saying: Glory to God in the Highest, Alleluia!
This is a beautiful article about Lo How A Rose, which is one of my favorite Advent/Christmas carols. Most Christmas carols, and most of our popular music generally, exist for the rhythm or melody. Consider how much mileage “Angels We … Continue reading
Some people complain, “Why does it have to be black lives matter? All lives matter! It should be #AllLivesMatter.” A voice cries out: In the desert prepare the way of the LORD! Make straight in the wasteland a highway for … Continue reading
I never understood the penitential aspect of Advent until tonight. When I was very young, Advent and Lent were both purple penitential seasons with little to distinguish between them. By the time I was in college, the seasons had been … Continue reading
Did you know a nun helped write BASIC??? Sr. Dr. Mary Kenneth Keller, who took vows as a Sister of Charity in 1940, was the first American woman to earn a PhD in computer science in 1965. Earlier, she was … Continue reading
In December I finally got around to reading the papal interview, and I was very intrigued by the section in which he talked about his favorite music. I didn’t know the pieces he mentioned, though, and I found myself wondering … Continue reading
Best quote of the homily: when things start going wrong, Don’t take the Ostrich as your patron saint. Things I wondered about during the gospel: – can salt lose its flavor? – and if it does, is it still good … Continue reading
Hodie Christus natus est; Hodie salvator apparuit. Hodie in terra canunt angeli, laetantur archangeli, Hodie exultant justi, dicentes Gloria in excelsis Deo, Alleluia! Alleluia, Alleluia! Today Christ is born; Today salvation appears. Today on earth angels sing, archangels rejoice, Today … Continue reading