Are You Catholic? Did You Know...?
- The Purpose of the Papacy, Francis, and the Synod | Gaudete Theology on Refusing to be Scandalized
- The Purpose of the Papacy, Francis, and the Synod | Gaudete Theology on Schism, Expulsion, and Ecclesiology
- The Purpose of the Papacy, Francis, and the Synod | Gaudete Theology on Francis, Discipleship, Fandom, and Factionalism
- The Purpose of the Papacy, Francis, and the Synod | Gaudete Theology on Which church?
- The Statue at the Synod and the Catholic Imagination | Gaudete Theology on Perpetua and Felicity
Tag Archives: dulles
As I mentioned in my earlier post on this MacLeod quote, one of our final exam questions was to write a commentary on this quote from the perspective of one of the theologians we studied this semester. I chose to … Continue reading
After defining five models of the church, and considering them in relation to several important theological themes, Dulles closed his original edition of the book by considering criteria by which one might be able to evaluate ecclesiological models. The criteria … Continue reading
We did a fun exercise in class tonight: Empowered by the Holy Spirit and in communion with Christians everywhere, this church strives to create a welcoming place that makes visible the reconciling presence of God in our neighborhood, our city, … Continue reading
In part 1, I looked at the first four models that Dulles discusses: institutional and communion, sacrament and herald. He considers only one more model, the servant model, which he places over against all four of the other models on … Continue reading