Are You Catholic? Did You Know...?
- emmasrandomthoughts on Elizabeth on Mary, Dorothy on Therese, Ramona & Ingrid on Clare: Book Fair Finds for Women’s History Month
- Elizabeth on Mary, Dorothy on Therese, Ramona & Ingrid on Clare: Book Fair Finds for Women’s History Month | Gaudete Theology on (Reading Buddies and Conversation Partners and) Friends of God and Prophets
- Fariba on Asking for Better Homilies: A How-To Guide
- gaudetetheology on Phrases and Shapes in Two Languages: Hail Mary, Ave Maria
- On Catholic Dress: Sexuality, Status, Modesty and True Humility | Vox Nova on Modesty, Male Gazes, and Virtues
Tag Archives: #FuckThisShit
Word: God(Damn)It* Verse: Isaiah 23:5 Note that Isaiah 23 is not included in the Catholic Sunday lectionary. Since Catholics mostly hear the bible at mass, most of us don’t know this text. *I said I’d put profanity behind the jump, … Continue reading
You know that thing where you read a story from scripture and ask yourself, who in this story do I identify with? I did that thing. This is what happened. Word and verse below the jump.
Word: Bloody Verse: Isaiah 4:5 What if we read the LORD in Isaiah 4:2-6 through a womanly metaphor? as She Who Is, the one who writhed in labor to birth creation? On that day, The branch of She Who Is … Continue reading
This year, I’m following along with an unusual Advent devotional that renders the anger and outrage of the prophets into contemporary colloquial language: #FuckThisShit. For those who just can’t pray with expletives, there’s a toned-down version: #RendtheHeavens . For an … Continue reading