Are You Catholic? Did You Know...?
- The Purpose of the Papacy, Francis, and the Synod | Gaudete Theology on Refusing to be Scandalized
- The Purpose of the Papacy, Francis, and the Synod | Gaudete Theology on Schism, Expulsion, and Ecclesiology
- The Purpose of the Papacy, Francis, and the Synod | Gaudete Theology on Francis, Discipleship, Fandom, and Factionalism
- The Purpose of the Papacy, Francis, and the Synod | Gaudete Theology on Which church?
- The Statue at the Synod and the Catholic Imagination | Gaudete Theology on Perpetua and Felicity
Tag Archives: vocation
David Cruz-Uribe over at Vox Nova recently posted Some Thoughts on Promoting Vocations, which sounds like it is intended to be the first of a series. But there is a terminology problem here – and almost everywhere, honestly. “Vocation” is … Continue reading
Best quote of the homily: when things start going wrong, Don’t take the Ostrich as your patron saint. Things I wondered about during the gospel: – can salt lose its flavor? – and if it does, is it still good … Continue reading
Among other things that have been going on while I’ve been too busy to blog has been the announcement of an Extraordinary Synod of the Bishops on the family to be held in October 2014, accompanied by a preparatory document … Continue reading
This month, Maryland became the eighth state (plus the District of Columbia) to pass marriage equality legislation. It was signed into law this week by Gov. O’Malley, but will not take effect until after any referendum reversal attempts have completed. … Continue reading